CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» West Coast Adventures TV
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
The Giant Hulks of Powell River
The Giant Hulks of Powell River:  [?] . The Powell River Pulp and Paper Company built an unusual breakwater by anchoring a chain of decomissioned war ships. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» West Coast Adventures TV
toplefttopfilltopright
West Coast Adventures TV
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjguy98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

I thought I read about these folks a while ago and that some one was hoping to be approached, or was going to approach them to go geocaching with them as a way of advertising our sport.

Does that sound familiar? Just watched a few of their episodes online and looks like we would be a good fit for their show.

westcoastadventurestv.com

CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome idea. Let me know if you need any help approching them.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

TESKELLY wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of an official approach by one of the BCGA execs. Thus ensuring our best image is presented...

CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

tjguy98 wrote:
TESKELLY wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of an official approach by one of the BCGA execs. Thus ensuring our best image is presented...

Well if that's the way you feel about it. Jester
tjguy98

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

Had a couple of emails back and forth between myself and the producer of the show, Danny Sayson, regarding the possibility of doing an episode on geocaching.

Danny stated that they are currently working on season 2 episodes, and that he would be willing to look at geocaching as a possible subject. Obviously no gurantees from the emails, just a willingness to look at the idea. Couldn't expect more than that at this point.

I provided Danny with some links to check out, as well as my contact information should he wish to pursue the idea further.

Now we wait to see if we have "sex" appeal. Laughing

scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

Great idea. If the BCGA isn't interested and if you're not interested I'd suggest alerting Mr. & Ms. Beanz to do the story. They have a great, good looking family (which is always nice for the family friendly angle) and Ms. Beanz did a great job with the CBC interview.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Adventures TV Reply with quote

They have their new season announced and ready to go - sad to say no geocaching in the mix.

Here's their web site - shows start Tuesday April 13 at 7.00 PM
www.westcoastadventurestv.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1