CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA on Twitter
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BCGA on Twitter
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA on Twitter
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

BCGA now places updates on Twitter! You can follow the various goings on at the BC Geocaching Twitter Account.

Tweets posted include:
- New news articles.
- Milestones Reached
- BC Cache Alerts

Click on the http://twitter.com/BCGeocaching and start following the BCGA today!   full article.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

Right on! Glad to see the BCGA opening new channels of communication with BC cachers.
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

Personally I prefer the paper airplane that Henry can fly to my office... lol

I just yesterday interacted with a twitter thingy..

Paper airplane my aerodynamic!
couloir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

The challenge is that now I get an email from BCGA every time someone signs up for Twitter. i have already had 15-20 and I would prefer not to receive these!
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

Sweet tweets.
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

I'm not getting the notification of new followers so maybe try changing your settings for notifications.

Someone will need to be checking the followers list as there are a couple on there that could be removed.
grafinator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

I looked but couldn't find an account under BCGA or British Columbia Geocaching Association.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

bottom of website. by rss link. & link on article

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

I am not aware this whole venture was approved by the BCGA Executive. In fact, since I was involved in the last two meetings and read all my emails, I don't believe it was.
Such decisions should follow due process.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

couloir wrote:
The challenge is that now I get an email from BCGA every time someone signs up for Twitter. i have already had 15-20 and I would prefer not to receive these!

Email is now changed to a smaller group.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

hollyburn wrote:
I'm not getting the notification of new followers so maybe try changing your settings for notifications.

Someone will need to be checking the followers list as there are a couple on there that could be removed.
you would only get notifications of people following you, not people who follow other twitterers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

couloir wrote:
I am not aware this whole venture was approved by the BCGA Executive. In fact, since I was involved in the last two meetings and read all my emails, I don't believe it was.
Such decisions should follow due process.

Everything on twitter is already public, via RRS feeds, emails and web pages. I was not aware that putting another channel on what is already public would be an issue. Twitter simply gives a new channel, and is mobile phone friendly, 140byte short message.

Forums, Calander, and News are already RSS feeds, and being read by other systems/sites and aggregators.
www.bcgeocaching.com/rss/forums.php
www.bcgeocaching.com/rss/nucal.php
www.bcgeocaching.com/r...o_news.php

Caches are on emails, front pages, and 'newest' page.
Milestones are on various blocks and pages.

Emails go out on forums if you have posted to them or are watching them.

Of course if the executive feels its too much, it can be removed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA on Twitter Reply with quote

Forumn posts are now turned off. They can not be moderated and may point to postings that are not accessible to all users. (ie admin forumns).

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1