CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Follow Road on the blink
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Follow Road on the blink
toplefttopfilltopright
Follow Road on the blink
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goinggone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Follow Road on the blink Reply with quote

Well, seeing that my previous post was very helpful (to us) I might as well try another one.
I have MetroGuide NA v7 on my Garmin CSx. It works great for off road but the follow road feature seems to have disappeared. At first all i would get is that it would always send us or have us on a major road like the TCH. Of late I get the message that there are no roads in the vicinity. Anyone else ever run into this, and solved it?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow Road on the blink Reply with quote

MetroGuide does not provide routing on roads, you need City Navigator or the program called MetroGold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow Road on the blink Reply with quote

I have MertoGude Canada V4, it routes fine, and City Navagator NA routes fine, 2008 or 2009, too. Even Topo Canda v2 routes on road. But alas your Metroguide does not...
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Follow Road on the blink Reply with quote

I use Metro-Guide Canada for routing all the time... It is usually very good. If you use the CD, and for some reason you load maps into your GPS and don't add one you don't think you need... but a little corner of the map you don't load covers even the tiniest bit of a road you need to navigate, then it won't be able to route you that way... That happened to us one time, loaded Montreal and Quebec city and missed a 5k section of hwy between... it couldn't navigate properly from Montreal to QC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1