CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3)
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Hatley Gardens
Hatley Gardens:  [?] . The largest, intact Edwardian gardens in Canada are found at Hatley Castle, a historic, 565 acre estate that is now Royal Roads University. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3)
toplefttopfilltopright
Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3)
Do you have a cache you would like to recommend? Post it here with the name of the cache as the title of the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

Mission 9: Tunnel of Light
Looking for something Long and Dark? Looking for an A.P.E. Icon on your finds list? A very interesting location, and lots of other caches nearby.

This cache is not available in the winter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

We went along on this one. It was a great time. I think the best way to do it is with a group of cachers. Bring a flashlight and a jacket. The tunnel gets cool. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

I'm still hoping to do this one someday. It's one of the few icons that I don't have. (not including all the coins)

grafinator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

I would have to agree, this is a fun cache. I didn't do the ones inside the tunnel as my flashlight was quickly dieing but I was happy to get this cache done before it goes missing like the others.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

This cache certainly is well worth the trip for many different reasons. And when I came, the tunnel was still closed because of winter, but taking the other trail was still cool.
911turbos

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

For those who haven't had a chance to visit the APE cache yet, there is an event there on Saturday, June 28th.

All Aboard for Breakfast on the Iron Horse Express
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

Heads up for anyone planning on doing this one this summer! (like me!) The Snoqualmie tunnel is closed until further notice. You'll have to take the alternate trail...

seattletimes.nwsource....il31m.html
gotlost001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

That is real shame, I did that trip a few years ago. It was great!
cartguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

Oh that is no good want to to do it this spring (if it ever comes). Might have to take the alternate route sounds like they may be closed for a while.
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

Gotlost001 and a few of us did it, going through the tunnel, a couple of years ago and it was definitely a highlight cache doing it that way. A totally memorable day with terrific cachers. While we passed some others coming and going there wasn't many people in the tunnel which added to the pleasure. On the return, I lagged behind to experience being in the tunnel all alone. I'm ready to do it again solely for the fun of it though sad the tunnel is out of commission.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light by Project APE (1/3) Reply with quote

Did this one the day before geo-woodstock 8 with angelcheeks, Coast2coast2coast and Toby and me. What an awesome cache with others in the area. Would have loved to go thru the tunnel, but it is now closed until further notice. Had to hike up from the back side. Trust me the hike was worth it!!! Coonskin Hat

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache
Page 1 of 1