CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» How much time do you...
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Pacific Dogwood
Pacific Dogwood:  [?] . Rumoured to be Queen Elizabeth II's favourite flower, the Pacific Dogwood was designated British Columbia's floral emblem in 1956. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» How much time do you...
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
How much time do you...
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doonchak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: How much time do you... Reply with quote

Being still fairly new to the hobby, and frankly, being someone with a fairly obsessive personallity, Embarassed I honestly spend hours at a time sometimes just browsing through cache pages, looking at caches all over the world, dreaming of the day when I can go and visit these places.

So, am I the only one who trolls cache pages when they can't be out caching? Or is this normal behavior for folks like us? Coonskin Hat
tjguy98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How much time do you... Reply with quote

you're normal.....at least I think you are Smile cause that's what I do

Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How much time do you... Reply with quote

We troll for others - hours and hours on end - to see where our next road trip or adventure might take us. What is out there that inspires us to place caches(like other challenge caches to come in the future)

What are people doing on their cache pages that we might be able to convert to what we need - (creativity), what kind of events are happening - what kind of caches are our friends placing?

What mountains have a cache that's been there for a couple years and not been found in a while- what caches have the best logs & photos.

It's lead us to some amazing places - But like a turtle we never seem to get very far - we travel 500 km over a day and get 8 caches.. or 1 depending on the goal.. lol

Caching is dreaming - and think of all the bad habits you're avoiding - like watching hockey -football is over so nothing good is left on tv

If you'd didn't troll for caches I'd be a bit concerned - if you tag your child with a serial number you should be considered certifiably addicted.. thus they go hand in hand!
cartguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How much time do you... Reply with quote

Yep I would spent hours looking at caches, planning routes, going back and reviewing caches I have found, reading logs, ect.
Bestred

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: How much time do you... Reply with quote

I constantly do this and have even solved some puzzles on the island....now just to get over there caching....lol

I do it mainly for the puzzles but also to see where in the world are there caches and what are they like etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: How much time do you... Reply with quote

Every cache page that you read may hold some information that will help widen your knowledge of the sport, possibly give you an idea for a cahe of your own.
When planning a trip I always research the area for available caches, obtain pocket queries, and load them into my GPSr. That way, upon arrival at the destination, I can start hunting with only a short delay while checking for additions or deletions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1