CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Hi
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Nelson B.C.
Nelson B.C.:  [?] . A town where time has seemingly stood still. Turn-of-the-century ambiance lingers in every corner. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Hi
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Hi
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hey eveyone, im mott, Im like a noobie to geocaching. I am waiting for my gps to arrive ordered it today,Garminrino 530 Im trying to learn how to do this, any info that could help me, also anyone caching up north in the peace region,DC,TR or FSJ? Also can anyone point me to a thread like geocaching for noobs on this site, thanks!!
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Mott,

First welcome to the wonderful world of your newest addiction - Geocaching!

There is a lot to learn and most will occur over time and no question is a bad one (trust me we asked lots of them.. Smile

I can refer you to some great threads both on here and on geocache.com, as well as links.. Smile

But before I just start sending links and info - which part or both are you looking for?

Help with GPS? Help with what geocaching is? What to expect? These is another geocache board as well that specializes in your area www.pgcachers.com (It's run by a great guy named plumbrokeacres and he is in Prince George)

We're here to help! So ask away and again welcome..

My name Is Kris and I'm known as Mrs. Turtle - my other half is Jordy and He's Mr. Turtle - There are many other wonderful cachers here ready to answer any questions you have as well..

A good link to start with is geocacher university

on the left hand side he has "geocaching 101"..

Hope that helps you with a good start .. now we wait for your questions!
tjguy98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Mott, welcome to your latest addiction! Laughing

Kris has given you some great places to start to learn about the how toos and where toos in BC. If you are looking for a more human side, several members have placed links to their geocaching blogs in the links section on the site.

Have a read through them to see how much they enjoy getting out on the hunt and enjoying the scenery at the same time.

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...ink&cid=11

Mach2003dead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

The first thing to do is to create an account at geocaching.com. I notice there is a user there, with the name 'mott' already, so you will have to choose a (slightly) different one. Initally, you can use the free account there, and upgrade to the paid member status later.

After your account is acive on GC.COM, this page shows the caches that are closest to you (although I really don't know exectly where you are, I can guess).

Choose some that have a lower difficulty and terrain rating at first, once you get the hang of it, then try the harder ones, or the ones that better suit your tastes.

Don't forget to come back here and tell us how you are making out, we will be glad to help you along your way, if other things come up.
Mott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

okay thanks, well i wont be caching for a couple weeks waiting for my gps, Garmin rino530hcx 5watt.

Now I am a member of geocashing.com, so I just download caches and then up load them onto my gps?

I have learned a lot from that site and just waiting to do my first cashe. Thi will be a good hobby cause I love 4x4 and hiking so |I will be albe to do both, anyways ttyl for now.
plumbrokeacres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Welcome to Geocaching!

You'll find the majority of cachers are very helpful if you have any questions leave a message on these boards and I'm sure you'll get a answer in no time.

If you are in the Prince George area stop by and say Hi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1