CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Looking for a bookmark list
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Inukshuk - Whistler
Inukshuk - Whistler:  [?] . Maybe the best skiing in N. America, and lots of caches too! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Looking for a bookmark list
toplefttopfilltopright
Looking for a bookmark list
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Looking for a bookmark list Reply with quote

This is Kris the cacher talking not the BCGA -

We all know it - when we are looking for certain types of caches and you would love a quick way to find them -

I'm looking for a bookmark list of caches you can find when there are 3 feet of snow on the ground..

Those caches included would also have the ability to find parking near them.

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours trying to find caches, to end up with only 1 as even those that were "under things" or should be accessible weren't due to no way to safely park.

Snorkel under snow -

Anyone have one of these?
Bestred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a bookmark list Reply with quote

nope here, but that is an awesome idea.....and thank you for not hiding yours in the snow (frozen ducksicles)...lol

I am guessing that most plc (parking lot caches) or lpc (lamp post caches) wouldn't be under too much snow. You probably have found those all ready though. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a bookmark list Reply with quote

"I am guessing that most plc (parking lot caches) or lpc (lamp post caches) wouldn't be under too much snow. You probably have found those all ready though. " ..

now that's a funny storey - to date since the snow started I can't claim a single one of these that we've tired - the snow plows have all dumped the snow around them.. have found that "under bridges" is usually good as long as you can find parking..

Glad you enjoyed the Ducksickles we'll have to see how long it lasts - for those not in maple ridge - an FYI - all of our caches have been claimed since the snow fall that are out here - so if you're looking for fun and brave enough to make it out here we do have some you can get to.. (not just ours but other Maple Ridge Caches as well - think I heard the Spirit Quest can be gotten) - I'll be starting a bookmark later this week so please either post ones you know of here, or e-mail them to me and I'll add it on.
Bestred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a bookmark list Reply with quote

[quote="TulameenTurtles"]"I am guessing that most plc (parking lot caches) or lpc (lamp post caches) wouldn't be under too much snow. You probably have found those all ready though. " ..

now that's a funny storey - to date since the snow started I can't claim a single one of these that we've tired - the snow plows have all dumped the snow around them.. have found that "under bridges" is usually good as long as you can find parking..

Glad you enjoyed the Ducksickles we'll have to see how long it lasts [quote]

I haven't been out shopping much but I guess you are right about those lpc/plc's forgot about those darn snow ploughs....lol Smack

I know that some of the caches have the Winter Friendly attribute on them, so those would be some for sure. I will go through tomorrow as I am recouping (I think it is the flu) and get you a list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a bookmark list Reply with quote

www.geocaching.com/boo...a5c8fa7aa1

I've set it up - here it is.. Smile Let me know if you have others to add - Requirements:

1. You can find the cache in the snow
2. You can find parking to the cache

If you have notes to add (such as bring gloves as there is metal and you don't want to stick) please let me know as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1