CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Prayers for our daughter
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Hatley Gardens
Hatley Gardens:  [?] . The largest, intact Edwardian gardens in Canada are found at Hatley Castle, a historic, 565 acre estate that is now Royal Roads University. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Prayers for our daughter
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Prayers for our daughter
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olipe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

For those of you who have had the opportunity to do some of the Geocache events with us may remember my little daughter Emily. She was the one that usually tags along with me and was the child that I got stranded on a cliff during the ultrafantastic Geocache Rally.

Unfortunately she was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago for what we thought might be meningitis. Thankfully it was not. However she has been diagnosed with Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.

www.aboutkidshealth.ca...+arthritis

She was discharged last night, which we are very happy about, but we are unfortunately just at the beginning of this journey. If you are so inclined, could you offer up a prayer for an incredible kid who is feeling both physically and metally pretty crappy at this moment.

Thanks

Olipe
kpnieder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Dear Olipe,

We have never had the pleasure to meet you or your daughter Emily at an event but from one geocacher to another we still want to wish your family all the best.
Emily, we send you our brightest wishes that you will feel better real soon.

kpnieder
d-onion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Our thoughts are with your family. I just read through that link and it sounds painful. Not knowing what started the disease or how to solve it can be extremely frustrating.

I know in Ontario we used to do fund raising geocoins. Might be an idea for next year.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

You have my prayers.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

The power of prayer works. Even now Iron Maiden and myself have started the long journey with her mother as she has a very aggresive form of cancer (MMMT). She was in VGH earlier this week for surgery. Last night she looked good and felt a lot better. She had a lot of people parying for her. More than she knows.

We will add Emily to our prayers. Please keep us updated.

Jeff and Kathy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Hugs Olipe and Emily. I am so sorry to hear you have to go through this and will include you in my prayers for strength and as smooth a time as possible. And another prayer they come up with a cure to spare you and others. You have the support of family, friends and all of us.
The advice in the link: "Try to keep your child with SJIA doing the same things that he or she did before the disease, whenever possible." is very true. Especially when it comes to having fun. Time flies and pain recedes when we are focused on pleasure.
I live with an uncurable illness that has caused other problems so I can empathize very much to how this affects the quality of day to day life. I know exactly how this affects you. Take each moment as it comes. Best Wishes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

We have had the wonderful pleasure of meeting you and your family at the Georally Tailspin event and am sorry to hear about your daughter.
You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
gotlost001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

I to have not met you, but I wish you and your daughter all the best.
olipe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven't replied but Emily had to be readmitted to the hospital on Sunday night and I have been staying with her 24/7. The fluid around her heart and her lungs became so heavy that they where pushing together and causing her great pain. (she, in fact, was the one that asked us to take her to the hospital). Its Friday now and she is doing much better. They had to give her heavy doses of steroids to get control of it. when she left last friday she was on 60 mg/day. They put in 1000mg in 2 hours every 24 hours. As long as she does not have another flair up she should come home next week.

Thanks for all your replys and prayers

Olipe
SeekGoHide

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Oh MY!!!! I do remember the cliffhangers from the rally. I have three little ones of my own and had to spend some time in hospital with one of them. It was the worst feeling ever watching helplessly as my child was tested and we didn't know what was happening. I don't wan to relive those few days again... ever! I will certainly add you to our prayers and our prayer list at church. Please take care of yourself as well. A hard thing when you are worried, but try. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way [[[[:D ]]]]]]] Keep us up to date when you can.
gearhedd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

My family has your daughter Emily in our prayers. I have three girls of my own.
Technic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

It has been a while since I visited this geocaching web site. Your article in the forums was the first I read when I returned to this web site. My prayers are with Emily and with you, and her family.
Perhaps, what makes it more relative is the fact that I and my loving wife became grandparents for the first time. We became grandparents to a lovely baby girl, who my daughter and husband named Emily. Our Emily was born on October 18 of this year.
Again, all our prayers are with Emily, you, and Emily's family. God bless!
olipe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers. Just to update you on Emily's condition. She spent another week in hospital and was released last Monday. She is on some pretty high doses of steroids, cyclosporine (an anti-rejection drug used for transplant patient) and a new bio drug called Anikinra which is an injection that I have to give her every night. We had an appointment with the cardiologist yesterday and the fluid around her heart has dissipated and all of the restrictions have been lifted. Needless to say I kick her back to school today Very Happy . She is still weak but who wouldn't be after spending nearly 4 weeks in bed. We are headed in the right direction and in a months time we might be able to ween her of some of the drugs. Eventually the steroids and the cyclosporine will be removed but she will need to receive the injection for the next 6-12 months. We are not sure whether this will happen again but the medical communities thinking is that if they hit it hard at the beginning that it might go into remission and never return. That, of course, is what we are all praying for.

Again, Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Olipe
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Thanks for making the time to update us on how Emily is doing and please keep it up when needed. Praying for healing for her and strength for all of you in this worrisome time.
All the Best...and Hugs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you so much for the update...have been anxious to hear how things have been

How was school? I bet it was great for her to see her friends at school again. Very Happy

We are continuing our prayers.
Take care!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

At the AGM, the BCGA solicited a collection. The geocachers present were very generous and we were able to deliver a nice gift basket to Emily. The basket included a geocaching bear, an oragami kit, some candy and chocolate, flowers, trackable coins, and other geo-related swag.

Emily, Olipe and family were very grateful for the heartfelt gift from the geocaching community. Let it be known that you all made a girl (and family) that got knocked for a loop over the past few weeks very happy today.
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Thanks Scruffster for delivering our good wishes and for getting the basket together.
With three little cachers of my own my heart goes out to you all.
Have the merriest of Christmas and know your whole family is in our hearts !
Bestred

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Thank you Scruffster for the delivery of the goodies. It is great that people were able to help out a fellow caching friend. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Sorry that we have not responded on the gift in fashionable time however Emily managed to get an infection and we kinda got caught up in it and then there was the Christmas school play. I thank god that we have had the honor and blessing of meeting you all. You kind words and gracious gift were Incredably recieved by our family. The family was totally take by surprise by your generousity and caring for our child. I bless all of you have taken a genuine interest in our difficult times. Emily will be making a post in the next couple of days (dad will help her) to show her apprieciation.

All is well with her and she improves everyday.

Olipe
olipe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers for our daughter Reply with quote

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for the gifts and candy it made me really happy. The flowers were really pretty. Me and my family really liked it.

Thank you.

Emily
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1