British Columbia Geocaching Association
Mar 1, 2012
The meeting of the BCGA was called to order at on March 1st at 8:00pm on Skype.
Present: Kelly Contant, Chris Yuill, and Kathy Costello
1. Approval of last meeting’s minutes-
• The December meeting minutes were not available and will be approved at the next meeting as will the January meeting minutes.
2. Ongoing business from last executive meeting
• Bylaw change- The following positions Vice President, Treasurer, and up to one half of the Directors will be written into the bylaw change as becoming the two year terms and the President, Secretary, and the remaining Directors will be a one year term for this upcoming term then changing to a two year term after that.
3. New business
• Nominations Process Clarification- It has been requested that we clarify the nominations Process on the forums. We discussed the process and reasons for the process. Kelly will post the process on the website for clarification.
• Island Mega Sponsorship- We discussed the different levels of sponsorship however we are waiting for a proposal from the Mega committee before we make our decision.
• AGM Travel- We discussed what costs will be covered for the AGM and a motion was forwarded by Kathy to have the ferry costs to and from for the driver and car be covered for the Island Directors as well as Tom Furlotte the Returning officer and a single night hotel room fee for one person for each Director and the Returning Officer. Seconded by Kelly. Motion was passed.
Adjourned 9pm, : Kathy C moved: Kelly. seconded