CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Content —» 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes —» 9) September 7, 2010
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mount Sheba
Mount Sheba:  [?] . Reminiscent of the temples of Egypt and Persia, the exotic landscape beckoned early pioneers to name the peak Mount Sheba. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
Content —» 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes —» 9) September 7, 2010
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
toplefttopfilltopright

9) September 7, 2010

British Columbia Geocachers Association Minutes
Sept 7th, 2010


Opening:
The meeting of the BCGA was called to order at 6:20pm on Sept 7th, 2010 on Skype

Present: Ted Nash , Ginger Houser, Kelly Contant, Irene Pickell, Sharon Cross, Andrew Toms (joined later in the meeting), Tom Furlotte (joined later in the meeting)

A. Approval of Agenda
Agenda approved

B. Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the last meeting were approved.

C. Open Issues

2010 Geocoin:
Samples of the coins have now been received. It was agreed to purchase 300 member, 400 non member, 10 director and 15 Artist edition coins. It was agreed the coins will sell for 10.00 ea.

After discussions on some minor changes it was motioned by Ted to proceed with changes as discussed, second by Sharon – all were in favor - passed

Metro Vancouver Parks:
Belcarra Park Geocaching Program Sept 11th - A brief discussion was held on the best place to tour with the MVP group. Irene will ensure the caches are in good shape and if necessary hide a few more for the day.

Metro Vancouver Tap program:
We have been asked by MVP to help in the promotion of their “Tap” program. They have asked the BCGA to help them get word out about the available free water taps in the Lower mainland, by dropping cards in caches to offer a free download of the nearest drinking water taps near a given area. MVP will contribute a small honorarium to the BCGA for its support in placing these cards. Ted has communicated with Ground Speak to see if there would be an issue with the BCGA supporting this program and they have confirmed that they have no issues with it. Ted will contact MVP to suggest holding a “TAP” event around the Burnaby area to kick off the program and get other cachers involved.

BC Park 100 Year’s:
The BCGA has been asked to place 100 caches in BC parks to promote their 100 years. It was agreed that we maintain our relationship with working with Parks. It was suggested that perhaps some of the Geo Rush caches be archived (3 year rule) and recycled. They would be refreshed to help minimize cost as they do not have the funds of prior years. Ted is to approach them on this suggestion and provide a quote on containers/ swag. Irene will provide Ted with what the Blue Sky project costs were.

There was further discussion about this commitment as it will fall into next years plans. Motion by Ted -The present board agrees to fulfill this commitment and work with the next board to complete this project. Second Andrew - Passed

Bingo:
There was a brief discussion on Bingo. Ted is to communicate with Stu to ensure the integrity of the game.

Bylaw Committee Updates:
Ginger to post on the forums to see if there are Members interested in forming a new Bylaw Committee. Ginger is to provide some rough work to the Board on what has transpired to date.

AGM discussion:
It was discussed that the AGM be held early January 2011 which is still well within the 15 month time frame. Further discussion is needed.

It has not been decided as to where the AGM should be hosted this year. The BCGA would like to support all regions but costs will have to be reviewed.

The use of the Electronic voting was discussed. It was agreed that more research will need to take place on the best way to proceed. Noted: Electronic voting cannot be used for voting on any bylaw changes as discussion is required. Henry is to be contacted to see how ready we are to use the voting feature.

Other:
Coast Hotels has offered to provide BCGA members with a discount on rooms provided a letter is received from the Board. Sharon will contact the Hotel and provide the letter as requested.

Adjournment:
There being no further business to discuss it was moved to adjourn by Ted second by Kelly- passed. The meeting was adjourned at 8:18 pm by Ted Nash. The next meeting date to be announced.


bottomleftbottomright
topleft topfill topright
Advertisement
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright

:: Copyright 2003 - 2009 BC Geocaching Association ::

RSS Feed:
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGeocaching
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy
Theme by British Columbia Geocaching Association.