CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Content —» 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes —» 7) June 7. 2010
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Striped Skunk
Striped Skunk:  [?] . The Striped Skunk is a common sight in the forests and suburbs throughout British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
Content —» 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes —» 7) June 7. 2010
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
toplefttopfilltopright

7) June 7. 2010

British Columbia Geocachers Association Minutes
June 7th, 2010


Opening:
The meeting of the BCGA was called to order at 6:15pm on June 7th, 2010 on Skype

Present: Ted Nash, Ginger Houser, Andrew Toms Tom Furlotte, Kelly Contant, Irene Pickell, Sharon Cross (joined later in the meeting)

A. Approval of Agenda
Agenda approved

B. Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the last meeting were approved.

C. Open Issues

2010 Geocoin:
The artist has checked over the specifications and Andrew will be sending the bid request to various vendors. The bids will close June 21st and the winning bid will be notified by June 26th. A news story will also be put on the website, to allow any other vendor to request the bid document.

Event updates:

Metro Vancouver Parks:
The second of the events held at Capilano Park went well. The next one is June 26th in Campbell Valley Park. There will be three more events in the fall. It was felt that the next executive should be encouraged to continue these events next year. Also Ted will try and ensure our involvement in the development of their geocaching policy

Science World:
Science World went well. There is a geocaching section in the Treasure exhibit. Pamplets were printed. Some were left with Science World. The remaining ones can be used for teaching and be sent with the GPSrs when they are loaned out.

Bingo: Stu and Henry will be starting a new bingo game on June 11th.

Geowoodstock:
We are still looking for volunteers at the booth. The slideshow is coming along well. Andrew will work on a brochure highlighting the different regions of BC. We will also have a map of BC where cachers can show where they have travelled from.
A motion was put forward by Irene to pay for 500 brochures to use at Geowoodstock. Teddy seconded. All were in favor. Motion passed.

Blitz update:
The blitz ends soon. Voting will continue until August. Kelly will contact the reps to start arranging the Blitz windup events. The events will be listed under the BCGA geocaching account. Andrew will setup the cache pages.

Newsletter:
A newsletter will be sent out tomorrow announcing Bingo, asking for Geowoodstock volunteers, announcing the end of the Blitz and showing a sneak peak at the coin.

Bylaw Updates:
Ginger will follow up with the committee to set a meeting. They have just started gathering information at this point.

GPSr Rental agreement:
Ted is working on a formal agreement. Zagg has been contacted to see if they will donate screen protectors in exchange for advertising on the website. If not, we will purchase them. Ginger motioned to purchase the screen protectors if they are not donated. Kelly seconded. All were in favor. Motion passed.

Update of closure to BCGA/Cacher matter:
We are still working on an apology letter that is agreeable to both parties. It was agreed that the latest version should be sent to the cacher immediately.

Adjournment:
There being no further business to discuss the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm by Ted Nash. The next meeting date to be announced.


bottomleftbottomright
topleft topfill topright
Advertisement
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright

:: Copyright 2003 - 2009 BC Geocaching Association ::

RSS Feed:
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGeocaching
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy
Theme by British Columbia Geocaching Association.