Content » 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes » 5) April 5, 2010
5) April 5, 2010British Columbia Geocachers Association Minutes
April 5, 2010
The meeting of the BCGA was called to order at 6:00pm on April 5, 2010 on Skype call.
Present: Ted Nash begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Kelly Contant, Irene Pickell, Sharon Cross, Tom Furlotte, Andrew Toms, Ginger Houser
A. Approval of Agenda
B. Approval of Minutes
The minutes of March 7th and March 9th meeting(s) were approved with no changes.
C. Open Issues
1. A motion to amend the February 7, 2010 minutes previously adopted was made by Irene and seconded by Kelly:
Discussions developed on if he/she had received a formal warning from Groundspeak, at this point the details of the email are unclear. It was brought forth if any legal action could be taken up with he/she; however there is no proof to what is suspected. It was mentioned the lady at the Indian Band could file a police report.
Discussions developed on if he/she had received a formal warning from Groundspeak, at this point the details of the email are unclear. It was brought forth if there were grounds for any legal action. It was thought there were no grounds, and it was mentioned the lady at the Indian Band could file a police report. It was felt there was no proof of the other allegations in the attached email and the Board would only discuss the issue of harassment.
All were in favor – Passed
2. Cacher/BCGA retraction of suspension update- Discussions are still ongoing at this point and the board has decided to seek legal advice on some issues.
3. Blitz Update- Rules will be posted by next weekend. Information packages to promote the Blitz will be handed out in conjunction with the 10 year anniversary events and posted in an upcoming Newsletter. Henry is to be contacted to ensure the voting page is updated and will be ready to go.
4. Coin Update – A few coin submission have been received, Irene will contact the artist on a coin of interest.
5. Geowoodstock – Tom is still gathering pictures from reps for a slide show. Andrew will work on a brochure to be handed out featuring all regions of the province.
6. Events - Ted and Kelly will be fulfilling the criminal record check and first aid course required by Metro Parks. Science World is on hold at the moment as the employee heading the event has changed jobs.
D. New Business
GPS purchase – A motion was brought to the floor by Ginger, seconded by Ted to purchase 10 “Garmin Venture HC” GPS units from GPS Central for 99.99 ea for the purpose of the teachings of Geocaching classes. Total cost with taxes and shipping $1076.15. Metro Parks will be donating $600.00 after the completion of the three classes held in May and June; the balance would come from BCGA funds to go toward the purchase. The distribution and rules on the usage is still to be determined. All were in favor – Passed
Pins Purchase - A motion was brought to the floor by Ginger, Second by Kelly to purchase 500 BCGA pins at a cost of .99 cents ea to be used for promotion by donation at Geowoodstock. All were in favor – Passed
There being no further business to discuss the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm by Ted Nash. The next meeting date to be announced.
To be approved at the next Directors meeting