CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Content —» 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes —» 2) February 7,2010
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Steller's Jay
Steller's Jay:  [?] . The Steller's Jay is British Columbia's Provincial Bird and the inspiration for the 2008 BCGA geocoin. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
Content —» 2010 Directors' Meeting Minutes —» 2) February 7,2010
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
toplefttopfilltopright

2) February 7,2010

British Columbia Geocachers Association Minutes
February 07, 2010


Opening:
The Special meeting of the BCGA was called to order at 8:00pm on Feb 07, 2010 in live chat on MSN.

Present:
Ted Nash, Ginger Houser, Kelly Contant begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Tom Furlotte, Irene Pickell

Absent:
Sharon Cross
(Kelly to take minutes on Sharon’s absents)

A. Approval of Agenda
Agenda approved

B. Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the last meeting were approved with changes (addition of Williams Lake named as holding 101 events.)

Open Issues

President resignation
Stuart has resigned and will not be changing his mind.
Ted Nash has taken the role of the new President.

Electing a Vice President
A vote was had on electing a new Vice President; all were in favor of electing Kelly Contant for the position of VP.

Vacant Director Position
Nominations took place with the names of Andrew Toms and Peter Huggins.
It was moved by Kelly and seconded by Tom to ask Andrew Toms as it would spread out the directors give more Regional representation; Andrew also had the next highest number of votes at the AGM. It was agreed that Ted is to contact Andrew to see if he accepts the position of Director.

Change in signing officers at bank
It was decided that Kelly Contant be added as a signing officer.

Formal announcement of Changes
As per the Bylaws Ted will post a formal announcement of Stuart’s resignation, the new President, Vice President and Director Positions on the BCGA site.

Soowhalie Band Situation
As presented in an email sent to the BCGA

It was noted that there have been problems in the past and that the discussion will be focused on the proof with the harassment to the lady at the Soowhalie Band Office.

Discussions developed on if he/she had received a formal warning from Groundspeak, at this point the details of the email are unclear. It was brought forth if there were grounds for any legal action. It was thought there were no grounds, and it was mentioned the lady at the Indian Band could file a police report. It was felt there was no proof of the other allegations in the attached email and the Board would only discuss the issue of harassment.

It was suggested that as the BCGA, we should let cachers know they can come to us with complaints, if there are enough complaints with proof of his/her actions, we can revoke his/her membership and then take it to Groundspeak as well.

It was discussed that speaking with him/her in person and giving him/her a stern message that his actions are unacceptable and unbecoming of a BCGA member and to also give a warning letter stating we are aware of the situation and are now monitoring it.

It was agreed that Ted and Kelly are to set up a meeting with this cacher to issue a written warning letter.

It was agreed that Kelly draft a written warning letter and post it in the Director forum for approval, and that it is to be delivered the week of Feb 15th.

D. New Business

1. Donations: Discussion was brought forward on past event reimbursement of 100.00 for Sue. It was noted that it has been agreed that any Rep requiring assistance for 101 events has been offered a $50.00 contribution from the BCGA if they do not receive enough donations.

Irene is to send an email out to see how everyone made out with donations on their events and if any had problems we could offer them money.

2. Metro parks: Discussion over Metro Parks Criminal Record Checks and Parks requirements from the leaders of the events. It was agreed that Ted and Kelly will go for the CRC as they will be attending all three events and that any fees incurred will be reimbursed by Metro Parks. It was moved by Tom and seconded by Ted that funds be given to Kelly to cover any upfront costs associated with the Criminal Check.

It was suggested to contact Jeff since he had had prior experience in working with the Parks.

3.Geocoin:

It was decided with a majority vote that a contest for the coin design be posted on the forums. It was agreed that Irene will create a Post for the contest.

Adjournment:

There being no further business to discuss the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 pm by Ted Nash. The next meeting date to be announced.

Minutes submitted by: Sharon Cross (Secretary)
Approved by: Ted Nash (President)


bottomleftbottomright
topleft topfill topright
Advertisement
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright

:: Copyright 2003 - 2009 BC Geocaching Association ::

RSS Feed:
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGeocaching
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy
Theme by British Columbia Geocaching Association.